It is a well known fact that government schemes for helping the mentally impaired are a boon to old age pensioners. In fact, the intellectual disability scheme has helped billions of pounds worth of UK pension money be directed towards supporting those with impairments. In addition, these schemes also benefit the children of such pensioners. In this article, we shall look at how the mental disability and the other schemes work.
Intellectual Disability related schemes
List Of 10 Government Schemes For Mentally Disabled People:
- DISHA – Early Intervention and School Readiness Scheme – This is an early intervention and school readiness scheme for children upto 10 years with the disabilities covered under the National Trust Act.
- VIKAAS – Day Care – A day care scheme for persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities, above 10 years for enhancing interpersonal and vocational skills.
- GHARAUNDA – Group Home for Adults – This scheme provides housing and care services throughout the life of the person with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
- NIRAMAYA – Health Insurance Scheme – This scheme is to provide affordable Health Insurance to persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
- GYAN PRABHA – Educational support – A scheme to encourage people with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities for pursuing educational/ vocational courses.
- PRERNA – Marketing Assistance – A marketing scheme to create viable & wide spread channels for sale of products and services produced by persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities.
- SAMARTH – Respite Care – TA scheme to provide respite home for orphans, families in crisis, Persons with Disabilities (PwD) from BPL, LIG families with at least one of the four disabilities covered under the National Trust Act.
- SAHYOGI – Caregiver training scheme – A scheme to set up Caregiver Cells (CGCs) for training and creating skilled workforce of caregivers to care for Person with Disabilities (PwD) and their families.
- SAMBHAV – Aids and Assistive Devices – This is a scheme to setup additional resource centres in each city, to collate and collect the Aids, software and other form of assistive devices.
Let us first look at the mental health pension scheme. The three main schemes offered by the government are the Old Age Pension (OAP), the State Pensions (SP), and the Guaranteed Retirement Pensions (GRPS). The first two provide you with basic security by way of income support for your old age. The State Pensions guarantees you a certain minimum level of income through State taxation. The third type of scheme is more of a hybrid of the above two and combines the benefits of the former two.
You can avail of the benefits of the schemes through a number of ways. One way is by submitting an application for a voter ID card. If you do not want to get an additional card, but still want to avail of the benefits, you can apply for an individual welfare account. The eligibility criteria is the same as that of the voter ID card. This means, if you have been resident in the UK for more than five years, you are eligible to avail of the benefits of the schemes.
You can also get the benefits of the schemes through a special scheme called the Special Needs Children’s Card (NHS CV-1). If your parents or guardians have been unable to provide you with the special needs child care and education that you deserve, you can apply for this scheme. Through this card, you will be able to receive the benefits of the government schemes meant for the special needs children. You will be entitled to a special allowance called the orange ration card. The benefit amount is fixed and you will not be able to withdraw it before the completion of the five years period from the time of application.
Another way of accessing the benefits of the government schemes is through the pension schemes. There are different types of pension schemes available. You can choose a scheme that matches your needs and requirements. In general, you will be given a certain amount of money to live on in old age. However, there are various other benefits that you can get if you enroll yourself in a pension scheme.
If you want to know about the government schemes for mentally retarded child, you can access the sites of the Disability Insurance Corporation. This is one of the best places where you can find all the details of the different schemes that are being offered by the government. The Corporation offers two main schemes. The first scheme is the PRAAP scheme and the other scheme is the PRASP scheme. With the help of these schemes, you will be able to get financial support for your child’s daily needs. You can also find out the details of the different schemes offered by the government.
Another good source of information is the cast certificate of your mentally retarded child. These certificates are important if you want to claim the benefits of the schemes. Before you give your child the caste certificate, you should look at his/her handwriting and identify the different signs of mental retardation. The details of these will be on the certificate. Once you have identified the different signs of retardation in the handwriting, you can claim the amount claimed for the income certificate along with the PRAAP or the benefit under the Social Security Act.
The benefit of this scheme is directly given to the landlord of the agricultural land. If you have more than one tenant in the agricultural land and if he has been paying the rent regularly for the past few years, then you can take the benefits of this scheme and can claim the money from the government. There are different types of benefit schemes, but you need to find out the right scheme according to your needs and requirements.
- 10 Best Telangana Government Schemes List For Students, Womens, Senior Citizens
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link Status Online Check, pmkisan.gov.in Aadhar Number Update, Change
- Scam 1992 Web Series Download – Watch Online Full HD
- Top 14 Amazing Zee5 New Web Series List 2021
- List Of 25 Best Netflix Hindi Dubbed Web Series to watch in 2021
- If You’re Interested To Learn Digital Marketing In Telugu
“government schemes for mentally challenged ppt”
“government benefits for mentally disabled in india”
“pension for mentally disabled in india”
“list of government schemes for disabled persons in india”
“government schemes for special child”
“disability scheme 2020”
“government schemes for physically and mentally challenged”
“disability scheme 2021”